CCA Webinar – Webinar #1: Read your construction contract ‘like a boss’
Read your construction contract – A series of five webinars to keep you out of trouble!
Join us for this foundational webinar to acquaint yourself with how to read contracts and understand their primary role in defining scope, time, risk provisions, and payment terms.
• Why you should have a contract – and not a handshake
• How to approach a construction contract efficiently and avoid “reading paralysis”
• Why “reading like a judge” matters, and how to do it
• What to look for in any construction contract – including the all-important prime contract
• How to spot the hidden traps (Hint: they’re never hidden)
• Quality of documents, or lack thereof
Our expert presenters include:
1. Geza Banfai, Counsel, McMillan LLP
2. Katy Fairley, Principal Consultant, Fairley Strategies
3. Trevor Ostapiw, Pre-Construction Manager, Graham
4. Frank Faieta, Vice President, National Surety Risk Management, Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company